As of January 8, 2016, the forum is closed for posting (except for graphic designers who create banners for AFF) but open for viewing. We might use the forum for future events if needed. Please discuss in the mini-forum located on the homepage. Thank you.

sharonho

Sharon Ho Member
edited May 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Name:  Sharon
AFF Name:  sharonho

Hobby: I love love love traveling! Last year, I studied abroad in Taiwan for the entire year. This year, I plan to move to Japan to teach English for a year, then Korea for a year. When I'm not traveling or at school/work, I like to curl up on my sofa and watch movies. Friends and family are really important to me, so I try to spend as much time with them as possible. I love going on road trips!

Writer/Reader/Both: Reader

Comments:  I've been a huge fan of East Asian Entertainment for as long as I remember. It started with Korean entertainment, then Japanese, then Taiwanese (despite being Taiwanese American...). My interests really have defined me as a person. During high school, I felt a bit out of place since many of the Korean students thought it was weird that my Korean was better than theirs. (I learned everything from dramas and variety shows...) During college, I volunteered at a radio station and my show focused on East Asian entertainment. I broadcasted Korean, Japanese, and Chinese/Taiwanese songs and talked about the different cultures, food, dramas, films, events, etc. It was a great experience that really brought me out of my comfort zone. Right now, I am actually writing my honors thesis on AFF. It's a work in progress so I have yet to really narrow down what it is I'll be writing about in the paper. If you're interested in being part of my study, I would love to contact you (if I haven't already done so)~!